How can I contact my Sub-association?

A list of all sub associations with their contact information can be viewed here.

How can I advertise my business or sponsor an event for the Association?

Connect with Valley Ranch through sponsorship! To get connected with our residents, sponsoring our community events is the best route to take. For more information on our sponsorship packages, please email the Lifestyle Director at lifestyle@valleyranch.org.
Communicate with Valley Ranch through our weekly email and quarterly newsletter! For pricing on these items, click here. 

How are my assessments calculated and who decides what I pay?

Assessments are calculated based on the market value of your home.  The rate is 0.18 per $100.  For example, if the market value of your home is $500,000 your calculation would be as follows:
                                $500,000 divided by $100 = $5,000 x 0.18 = $900.
If you disagree with the market value, please contact the Dallas County Appraisal District at www.dallascad.org  and they will be happy to assist you.

If I want to make changes to the exterior of my home, front and/or back, what do I need to do?

All changes for any part of the exterior of a home front and/or back (including but not limited to landscaping, playscapes, fencing, additions, etc.) must have ARC approval.  Find ARC forms and additional information here.

What is the timeline for violations?

The timeline for violation(s) is directed in part by the Texas Property Code and in part by the Valley Ranch Governing Documents.
Step 1 – A violation letter is sent with up to 30 days to correct the violation.  It may be less than 30 days depending on the violation.
Step 2 – Another violation letter is sent with up to 30 days to correct the violation.
Step 3 - One final violation letter is sent with a 15 day timeline to correct the violation.
Step 4 – The violation is forwarded to the Association Attorney with 15 days to cure the violation.  Legal fees are incurred at this time.
Step 5 - If the violation remains uncured then the violation can result in fines of up to $50.00 a day.

How do I find out about events, volunteer opportunities, and other things happening in Valley Ranch?

There are a number of effective communication tools available to Valley Ranch residents.   The email blast is sent every Thursday afternoon to residents who have registered.  To register, please click here.
Other ways to stay connected include following the Valley Ranch Facebook and Instagram pages, website, newsletters and the electronic sign located at the intersection of N MacArthur Blvd and Ranch Trl. 
You may also email the lifestyle team at lifestyle@valleyranch.org for event information or sign up for a specific event on the email blast. 

Whom do I call regarding the schools in Valley Ranch?

The local school districts in Valley Ranch are Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD (972-968-6100) and Coppell ISD (214-496-6000).  For concerns or questions, please contact them directly.

What preventative measures are being taken to prevent crime in the area?

If you have concerns or observe suspicious activity, please call the City of Irving Police Department.  The City of Irving Police Department non-emergency number is 972-273-1010. Crime prevention meetings will be scheduled throughout the year.
You can also get information on crime prevention from The City of Irving's website, http://cityofirving.org/836/Crime-Prevention-Information.

Can street lights be installed on my street?

Street light installation falls under the City of Irving.  Please call the City of Irving Secretary at 972-721-2493 to voice your concerns.  If you live in a gated community, please contact your sub-association. 

What can I do if there are street light problems?

Street lights are owned and maintained by Oncor.  Residents may report outages directly to Oncor at 888-313-4747, or visit the Oncor website at www.oncor.com.  Street lights are easily identified with a number so have this number handy when reporting issues.

What is being done about the parking on the streets?

The streets in Valley Ranch are public and maintained by the City of Irving; therefore, street parking is allowed.  We do ask residents to be courteous when parking in front of mailboxes, etc., but if a problem exists, please contact the police department non-emergency number at 972-273-1010.  If you live in a gated community, please contact your sub-association.

Whom do I call for street or sidewalk repairs?

The City of Irving maintains the streets and sidewalks.  Please call 972-721-2201 or visit the website at www.cityofirving.org.

Why do we have a residential board and a master board?

When the community was established, the developer chose to create the master board to manage maintenance projects and enhancements to the community.  They oversee landscape, irrigation, bridge maintenance, walkways along canals, lighting, and many other components in the community.
The residential board was established to oversee lifestyle and create a sense of community through events, programs, classes and other activities.  They develop relationships and bring the community together through activities that encourage residents to get out and meet their neighbors.
Both boards have important roles in the Valley Ranch community.  If you are interested in serving on a board, please contact the office at (972)-869-1430.

Whom do I call for bulk and brush pick-up?

Bulk and brush pick-up is done by the City of Irving.  Please call 972-721-2232 or visit the website at www.cityofirving.org.

Is there a rental space available for residents to host meetings or social gatherings?

For Valley Ranch members, you may rent the front meeting space at the Valley Ranch Association office. Please see the Room Rental Agreement here. To make an inquiry or for more information, please email our Lifestyle Coordinator at vradmin@valleyranch.org
If you are interested in creating a club or group that meets on a regular basis, please contact our office at (972) 869-1430 and we will be happy to provide the meeting space and we can assist you in promoting your club or group to the community.